“Bridging” Open Work Permits for Certain Federal Economic Class applicants

I have found myself in a situation, where I may have to renew my work permit in order to maintain my legal status within Canada. My current Post-Graduate Work Permit expires in April 2014, and my PR application is nowhere near to be approved (my estimate is that it will take 6 to 12 more months, depending on how fast my medical examination will reach them, and how long it will take for a background check). Luckily, there is a “Bridging” Open Work Permit Program for applicants under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)Canadian Experience Class (CEC)Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).

• • •

What you should know about Canada

I have made a similar post about Vancouver, some of you may remember it from the old version of the website (Weebly-based one). What you need to know about Canadians.

1. Canadians love coffee. Especially Tim Hortons (Timmy’s, as some may call it). According to the Coffee Association of Canada (yes, they have that, too) 65% of adults drink [coffee] regularly, 2.8 cups per day on average.

• • •